Thursday, January 21, 2010

Max's Adjustment to being a Big Brother

Max seems to be doing pretty well with his new role as Big Brother to Margaret. He likes to share his food with her (even tho she has no interest or awareness of the sharing). And he likes to give her toys (even tho they tend to be as big as she is). He likes to sit on my lap while she is sitting on my lap, but is happy to share the space with her. He is obsessed with her feet and wants to hold them. On Tuesday when we were going to MyGym he was worried that I was going to forget to take her with us. He was pointing at her in her car seat and then had to help me carry her out to the car. He also likes to see her when he is riding in the car! He points to her and laughs.

The big problems are in the night. He has a hard time going to sleep unless Mommy puts him to bed. Last night we tried having me feed Margaret while Max was going to sleep and that worked out just fine. He knew that she was there but didn't worry about it. But at 430am he was awake and it took him a long long long time to get back to sleep. I'm not sure if he is also suffering from my head cold or if he is just not feeling as sure of himself when he wakes up in the night. He's happy during the day, so hopefully we can figure out the nighttime thing and get back on track with some sleep! With the two of them keeping me awake it can be a rough rough night!

No comments: