Monday, November 23, 2009

Max Does Chores

Mark spent a lot of time outside this weekend working on raking the leaves. Max was really excited about helping. So much so that I had to take him outside on Sunday morning and rake leaves with him. I'm not sure how I got stuck with raking leaves, but at least it gave me some good photo opportunities...
This is Max using the big rake. He is not in any way detered by it being far bigger than he is!

Here is Max with his tiny baby rake. Kyle bought this rake for me and Angie several years ago when we had the cicadas. The rake has a hook on the non-rake end so we were able to empty out the skimmer baskets without reaching our hand in to the cicada-infested water. And now it is a tiny little rake that Max can use. Thanks Kyle! Here Max is working on the flower bed.

And here is Max using his baby rake in the part of the yard that actually got raked. Note that he must have his tongue sticking out for this work. :)

His shirt is seasonally inappropriate, but this shows his new big boy haircut. We think he looks a lot older now that his hair is so much shorter. I'm still getting used to it.
Max also has two new words. He says "Yeh!" and "yogurt." If you ask him any question, he will pretty much say Yeh now in response. Or he will shake his head no. So that is pretty fun. We learned that he knew yogurt over the weekend when he tried to get into the fridge but already had a bottle of milk. When I closed the fridge he started crying. I asked him what he wanted and he said yogurt. So I opened the fridge again and handed him a yogurt and he was immediately soothed. We then sat together at the table and he mostly fed it to himself. It was a bit on the messy side, but he was very happy and did a pretty good job with it.

No comments: