Wednesday, May 28, 2008

2 Months Old Today

I started a new blog since Max is no longer just the unknown Sugar Plum. It is amazing to me that he is only 2 months old. It seems in some ways like he's been a part of my life forever. And in other ways 2 months seems like a lot of time. He has grown and changed so much already.

As I type this he is sleeping in his sling, strapped to me. He's warm and snuggly. Before he falls asleep he usually gives me a big smile and then wiggles his head to really get cozy.

He is a very happy baby and we are very lucky with him. He eats well, sleeps well, and seems to generally enjoy life. How could he not? He eats, sleeps, and poops. What an ideal life! :)

He has been sleeping very well at night. The last 3 nights he has slept for 8 consecutive hours, starting somewhere between 8 and 10pm. When he wakes up in the morning he first "requests" his breakfast and has a diaper change. After that he likes to lay in the bed and giggle and coo and chatter away. He kicks his arms and his legs and really just seems to have a fun time. This morning he had one arm on me and one arm on Daddy. It is so sweet to watch him and to hear him be such a happy baby.

Max's other favorite activity is dancing. He likes it when we put music on. He'll either move his arms and legs himself, or really laugh when we do it for him. Sadly his dancing moves are therefore limited to my incredibly small repertoire. When we played Queen's Bicycle for him, he was doing his legs like a bicycle rider. Julian was especially excited about this.

I'm going to try to go back and fill in some information from the last 2 months, and I will try to update this regularly to keep everyone posted on how he is changing.

No comments: